Skip to main content

Blood Donor

Last week, a friend of mine sent a text blast asking to find blood donors for her mother who was sick in the hospital. 

It was an opportunity to help and save life so in my quick selfish thinking I volunteered a friend and even my own brother to donate blood. But, on a second thought, why not me? I was a blood donor once but it was a long time ago. Doing it for the second time would be a good try. 

So I went in the hospital with another friend who will donate as well. It took few hours before we finally faced the giant needle. The physical examination and some blood testing was conducted and we passed as donors. 

I was sleepy. I thought, can I just lay down and sleep while you get my blood out of me? No we waited, until we finally had our moment to lay down, give my left arm and then aaughh!!!! (in my mind). So I filled the bag, think of Zesto tetra pack... its a little bigger. I won't be too detailed anymore. 

So why share this? Am I boasting of my noble act? Honestly, NO! 

After donating blood I just realized something meaningful... that Jesus Christ did not point to anyone to take his place on the cross. He volunteered. 

His blood was shed not only to save 1 but ALL who believe. No wonder His blood is called precious in 1 Pet. 1:19 "but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ." 

My blood type is B+. No one knows Jesus' blood type but its not important. His blood matches any type, any type of sinful man. 

We may be healthy physically, but our souls are dead to sin. His pure blood can wipe away all kinds of sinfulness and give you life. Be a blood recipient. 


Comments

  1. I've never looked at Jesus' blood this way before--that it applies to all blood types. Thanks for this, Ate. Really ministered to me personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He gives his blood every Sunday in Church... sad I am too lazy to receive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I had a similar experience having a blood test. From my pondering the Lord allowed me to share the gospel to the person beside me (who was a Mormon) as we waited for the next examination. The price Jesus paid for our sins merits lifelong awe and deepest trust in Him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?

Rating: ★★★★ Category: Books Genre: Other Author: Carolyn McCulley TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEVER SAY TO... This Top Ten List of things you never say to a single woman at a wedding from Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? By Carolyn McCulley (pg 18) 1) You're next. 2) Why aren't you married? 3) Maybe you should lose some weight. 4) What about (insert name here)? He's a nice boy! 5) You're next. 6) Maybe you're called to singleness. 7) Can you babysit tonight? 8) Did you ever consider being a missionary? 9) Just don't think about marriage, and it will happen. 10) You're next.

Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa Facebook

Last Sunday I watched QTV's Ang Pinaka and couldn't help but laugh and agree with some or most of the reasons why people are 'pasaway' in FB. Honestly, I am pasaway sometimes too but really I'm amazed at how much Filipinos have embraced this social networking site and become part of their daily lives to the point that it become an addiction to some. So guys, here it is the Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa FB  10. The Sympathy Baiter - posting comments that are too emo, inviting attention to self 9. The Obscurist - posting too deep words, cryptic phrases words of wisdom comments 8. The Paparazzo - feeling photo journalist, posting photos without your permission and                                       tagging you without concern if the photo will cause you shame  7. The Bad Grammarian -  likes to sound smart on his comments, never mind if the grammar                                         is 'baluktot' 6. The Chronic Inviter - bombards you with every quiz, game

My First PUSO Day

I am 35, single  (technically)   who have been asked numerous times every February of my life this same generic and sometimes annoying question of what will I do on the 14th? Normally my answer would just be a smile but this year is different. I have an answer, we have an all-girls-sleep-over partey!!! Last Feb14 (on a Friday, Payday, Valentines), while the Metro is cursed with heavy traffic both on streets and in trains (ya! people-traffic), I stayed at home the whole day to prepare for the night. My housemates and I, invited our girl friends to have a Valentines party at home and we called it P.U.S.O. Don't ask me what the acronym mean because I keep forgetting, the S though stands for Singles. See my pang-elementary wall decor...We even have our Love wall... Anyway, the ladies started coming by 5pm. The program was simple: eat, have a game and movie marathon. We had dinner, talked, laughed and ate as much sweets as we wanted (imagine 10+ women talking and laughing...t