Skip to main content

I Wish...

What do you anticipate most?

Sometime last month our pastor preached about Hebrews 11. If you will read it, it's about faith and what others would describe as 'faith in action' of some people in the Old Testament. It's interesting that their life ended not receiving what they hoped for. In our world, it is perceived as a sad ending...but, is it?



"39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect."




Last June, I went to one of the most beautiful tourist spots in the north, Sagada. We booked a package tour covering transportation, hotel and tour so we can relax with an itinerary and arranged places to go to. Going to Sagada could take you 12 hours (one-way) or more, depends on your mode of transportation. Needless to say it is that far that any first timer or old timer would think, this has to be really worth it. I hoped for awesome Sagada experience with different group from the first I visited. Unlike the Old Testament men in Hebrews 11, we experienced the best of Sagada as we anticipated. Our trip went well and we all went home bringing happy memories of our trip. We had a happy ending. 

Are we to pity the men in Hebrews 11? No. Their faith was not wasted. Their hope was not pointless. God put that in their hearts and He fulfilled His promise of salvation in Christ and glory in heaven. They've had happy ending, far better than what we can imagine of what happy ending is. 

Worldly happy ending is always on the result but God's ways is higher than our ways. For example, there's a guy who wanted to pursue his girl friend. He finally had the courage to tell the girl but he got rejected. The girl had nothing for him because as far as she knows him, they are no match. After the heart-breaking mourning, the guy got sober and realized that was it, they are really are not a match. It was indeed not a happy ending but the guy learned something. He can pray for maturity to assess his feelings and have more time to know God's plan for relationships. This is a happy ending actually and a happy start.  

As a believer, I am encouraged with Hebrews 11 to look beyond earth. I am also ashamed that I get frustrated with little delays of what I expect to come. When I wish or hope for something, my attitude should be "Lord, I want this...but your will be done." Below are few lines from a hymn I'd like to share and hopefully would bless you as much as it did to me...


My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
  All other ground is sinking sand.
      





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?

Rating: ★★★★ Category: Books Genre: Other Author: Carolyn McCulley TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEVER SAY TO... This Top Ten List of things you never say to a single woman at a wedding from Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? By Carolyn McCulley (pg 18) 1) You're next. 2) Why aren't you married? 3) Maybe you should lose some weight. 4) What about (insert name here)? He's a nice boy! 5) You're next. 6) Maybe you're called to singleness. 7) Can you babysit tonight? 8) Did you ever consider being a missionary? 9) Just don't think about marriage, and it will happen. 10) You're next.

Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa Facebook

Last Sunday I watched QTV's Ang Pinaka and couldn't help but laugh and agree with some or most of the reasons why people are 'pasaway' in FB. Honestly, I am pasaway sometimes too but really I'm amazed at how much Filipinos have embraced this social networking site and become part of their daily lives to the point that it become an addiction to some. So guys, here it is the Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa FB  10. The Sympathy Baiter - posting comments that are too emo, inviting attention to self 9. The Obscurist - posting too deep words, cryptic phrases words of wisdom comments 8. The Paparazzo - feeling photo journalist, posting photos without your permission and                                       tagging you without concern if the photo will cause you shame  7. The Bad Grammarian -  likes to sound smart on his comments, never mind if the grammar                                         is 'baluktot' 6. The Chronic Inviter - bombards you with every quiz, game

My First PUSO Day

I am 35, single  (technically)   who have been asked numerous times every February of my life this same generic and sometimes annoying question of what will I do on the 14th? Normally my answer would just be a smile but this year is different. I have an answer, we have an all-girls-sleep-over partey!!! Last Feb14 (on a Friday, Payday, Valentines), while the Metro is cursed with heavy traffic both on streets and in trains (ya! people-traffic), I stayed at home the whole day to prepare for the night. My housemates and I, invited our girl friends to have a Valentines party at home and we called it P.U.S.O. Don't ask me what the acronym mean because I keep forgetting, the S though stands for Singles. See my pang-elementary wall decor...We even have our Love wall... Anyway, the ladies started coming by 5pm. The program was simple: eat, have a game and movie marathon. We had dinner, talked, laughed and ate as much sweets as we wanted (imagine 10+ women talking and laughing...t