Skip to main content

Free stuff, anyone?

 

This gospel in the first verses in Ephesians already captivates me. 

Eph1:3 Blessed blessed blessing - eternal blessings, not temporal earthly ones.

Blessing is already done deal. "before the foundation of the world" 
  • v.4 election for holiness
  • v5 predestination to be adopted as sons
  • v.6 glorious grace ...in the Beloved (Jesus)

In our world where consumerism is on top of mind, "what's in it for me?" is the game, I think this passage is ultimate benefit-talking. 

However, this is the benefit one who do not deserve. This is by grace. 

Eph 1:7  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 

We like free stuff as consumers but this should be given biggest gratitude. Why? Because to those who would receive this gift, knew that he or she is:
  1. In need of redemption - when you need redemption, it means you are in a position where you cannot save yourself. People who thinks the opposite, would not avail this gift. I think many people refuse to receive the blessings from Jesus because they don't see the need of it. It's like why go to the doctor if you are not sick? However, are we really not sick? Don't we really need Jesus to redeem up?  
  2. In need of forgiveness - this more sensitive than the first one. Many are offended to accept the guilt of being a sinner. Maybe because of the worldly idea that no man is naturally bad, that every person has something good in them. Hence, why need forgiveness? Simple answer is, in God's judgment, we are a sinner. Romans 3:10, 23 and James 2:10 are just few verses that corrects that mindset that man is good. 

Accepting these two important realities would lead the person to believe in the need of a Savior. These were two things the prodigal son realized that he went back to his father, not as a proud son, but to beg for his mercy. We know the story, the father have been waiting for his return and when he came, he gave him 'gifts' he did not deserve.

I used to be deluded of myself, I thought, 'why do I need Jesus?' I can live without this Jesus-thing. However, when I heard the good news from the bible, I realized I was wrong. I need Him. I am made for Him. I need redemption and I need forgiveness. 

I definitely love these free stuff, these blessings from heaven.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?

Rating: ★★★★ Category: Books Genre: Other Author: Carolyn McCulley TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEVER SAY TO... This Top Ten List of things you never say to a single woman at a wedding from Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? By Carolyn McCulley (pg 18) 1) You're next. 2) Why aren't you married? 3) Maybe you should lose some weight. 4) What about (insert name here)? He's a nice boy! 5) You're next. 6) Maybe you're called to singleness. 7) Can you babysit tonight? 8) Did you ever consider being a missionary? 9) Just don't think about marriage, and it will happen. 10) You're next.

Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa Facebook

Last Sunday I watched QTV's Ang Pinaka and couldn't help but laugh and agree with some or most of the reasons why people are 'pasaway' in FB. Honestly, I am pasaway sometimes too but really I'm amazed at how much Filipinos have embraced this social networking site and become part of their daily lives to the point that it become an addiction to some. So guys, here it is the Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa FB  10. The Sympathy Baiter - posting comments that are too emo, inviting attention to self 9. The Obscurist - posting too deep words, cryptic phrases words of wisdom comments 8. The Paparazzo - feeling photo journalist, posting photos without your permission and                                       tagging you without concern if the photo will cause you shame  7. The Bad Grammarian -  likes to sound smart on his comments, never mind if the grammar                                         is 'baluktot' 6. The Chronic Inviter - bombards you with every quiz, game

My First PUSO Day

I am 35, single  (technically)   who have been asked numerous times every February of my life this same generic and sometimes annoying question of what will I do on the 14th? Normally my answer would just be a smile but this year is different. I have an answer, we have an all-girls-sleep-over partey!!! Last Feb14 (on a Friday, Payday, Valentines), while the Metro is cursed with heavy traffic both on streets and in trains (ya! people-traffic), I stayed at home the whole day to prepare for the night. My housemates and I, invited our girl friends to have a Valentines party at home and we called it P.U.S.O. Don't ask me what the acronym mean because I keep forgetting, the S though stands for Singles. See my pang-elementary wall decor...We even have our Love wall... Anyway, the ladies started coming by 5pm. The program was simple: eat, have a game and movie marathon. We had dinner, talked, laughed and ate as much sweets as we wanted (imagine 10+ women talking and laughing...t