Skip to main content

First Day

After about 5 and 1/2 years in Nielsen, I am counting anew. I am excited to the next chapter of my life, to where God will put me next.

So how's your first day?, asked Mark, one of my colleagues in Nielsen. I answered him briefly that so far good but I'm blogging to record it and have something to look back one day. May 31st, day 1 of my "independence", I chose to pause a bit after my busy turn-over weeks. I'll do my own Lazy Song' "Coz today I'm not doing anything" planned...No plans how to spend the day but I thought of doing something worthwhile. 

So here's how I spent my day 1 and its quite full but fun. 

In the morning after I had my quiet time (its a special time to meditate on God's word and pray), I went out to do some family errands. I went to the bank and have our laptop delivered to repair shop. On my way home, I tried for the first time the almond flavor of Magnum. In my first bite, I was grinning with a bubble thought, "hmmm I like this one better than truffle. I love the  nuts and its not so sweet". The perks of Magnum contributed to my "happy independence day". 

In my curiosity to what happened to the nation after the verdict to Corona I decided to buy Inquirer. The moment I reached home I opened the paper but I ended up just browsing the politics stories and turn to entertainment. I'm such a poser! haha!

The rain was so hard in the afternoon that I immediately gave in to let my heavy eyes take siesta (a "short snooze" in the afternoon). It was 630pm when I woke up so I turned to the fridge to get something to cook for dinner. Oblivious that it's Thursday, after dinner, I was running late to Youth Workers weekly meeting in Timog but thankfully I arrived at 830pm, just half an hour late. :) In the fellowship, I am reminded of imitating Paul's life. One of his character was contentment coming from a life of abundance not in material things but in fullness of salvation through Jesus Christ. 

As I count the coming days, looking for job, waiting for calls, trying to be good steward of my "break", I pray to grow in this character of contentment. To be thankful in all circumstances. To keep trusting to Him who is Wise and All-Knowing..

By the way, day 2, June 1 is my mother's bday. Happy birthday Nay! :)

Comments

  1. Sounds exciting—knowing what the future brings, knowing that, in the Lord, "all things work together for good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your Nay! I've been in Higher Rock (the local church we both are a part of) for a little over 6 years. I still vividly remember that FGD I got invited to a few years back. Curious as to what comes after your Nielsen season, and excited like Lance to see how Romans 8:28 unfolds in your life. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. true! thanks Koj and Lance. another reminder from today's preaching about God as source of all things. Got to trust Him lang in everything. Please keep praying :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?

Rating: ★★★★ Category: Books Genre: Other Author: Carolyn McCulley TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEVER SAY TO... This Top Ten List of things you never say to a single woman at a wedding from Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? By Carolyn McCulley (pg 18) 1) You're next. 2) Why aren't you married? 3) Maybe you should lose some weight. 4) What about (insert name here)? He's a nice boy! 5) You're next. 6) Maybe you're called to singleness. 7) Can you babysit tonight? 8) Did you ever consider being a missionary? 9) Just don't think about marriage, and it will happen. 10) You're next.

Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa Facebook

Last Sunday I watched QTV's Ang Pinaka and couldn't help but laugh and agree with some or most of the reasons why people are 'pasaway' in FB. Honestly, I am pasaway sometimes too but really I'm amazed at how much Filipinos have embraced this social networking site and become part of their daily lives to the point that it become an addiction to some. So guys, here it is the Top 10 Ang Pinaka Pasaway sa FB  10. The Sympathy Baiter - posting comments that are too emo, inviting attention to self 9. The Obscurist - posting too deep words, cryptic phrases words of wisdom comments 8. The Paparazzo - feeling photo journalist, posting photos without your permission and                                       tagging you without concern if the photo will cause you shame  7. The Bad Grammarian -  likes to sound smart on his comments, never mind if the grammar                                         is 'baluktot' 6. The Chronic Inviter - bombards you with every quiz, game

My First PUSO Day

I am 35, single  (technically)   who have been asked numerous times every February of my life this same generic and sometimes annoying question of what will I do on the 14th? Normally my answer would just be a smile but this year is different. I have an answer, we have an all-girls-sleep-over partey!!! Last Feb14 (on a Friday, Payday, Valentines), while the Metro is cursed with heavy traffic both on streets and in trains (ya! people-traffic), I stayed at home the whole day to prepare for the night. My housemates and I, invited our girl friends to have a Valentines party at home and we called it P.U.S.O. Don't ask me what the acronym mean because I keep forgetting, the S though stands for Singles. See my pang-elementary wall decor...We even have our Love wall... Anyway, the ladies started coming by 5pm. The program was simple: eat, have a game and movie marathon. We had dinner, talked, laughed and ate as much sweets as we wanted (imagine 10+ women talking and laughing...t